Sunday, February 20, 2011

Catch Up

At the beginning of this month, we had a visit from some of our very favorite people in the whole wide world. It was fun, and crazy, and fun. I'm not sure why I didn't take very many pictures. Might've been because we spent a lot of time indoors and I don't feel confident about the photos I take without natural light, so I didn't even bother. These are Nicole's beautiful captures:


























We got to celebrate Brooke's birthday with NicoBob & Co. Brace yourself; this photo doesn't feature a delicious and lovely birthday cake.
Brooke doesn't particularly like cake (or any manner of sweets, really) so he requested his favorite cookies. They are known affectionately in my family as "Gorilla Turds." Nicole's family calls them "Poo Burgers." I like how both names are sort of the opposite of euphemisms. Which moniker is less appetizing?
And lastly, a photo of everyone squinting into the sun. Thanks for the memories, guys! Come again SOON!
(Oh, and if that wasn't enough Shiffler family excitement for you, you can check out Nicole's posts about the trip: 1, 2, and 3.)

2 comments:

furrever said...

Oh how we miss our Shiffler friends. Wish we were there.

You all have such beautiful children.

Brooke - I hate birthday cake as well. How did I not know we had this in common until now? My birthday "cake" of choice is mud pie. Mmmmmm.

the sleepy time gal said...

oh my goodness. i can't say enough about that trip. i'd ready to return in a heart beat. especially for all of the good food and goodies you served us!