Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jude's Room


About six months ago I posted about Isobel's room. Then I wasted a whole bunch of time feeling guilty about Jude's, since I hadn't really put any effort into making it look like it belongs to him. I had lots of grand ideas: painting the dresser, painting the wall behind the dresser, a painted shelf to display Jude's name block...

None of those things happened.


But since we're hoping to buy a house sometime within the next year or so, I'm just going to leave Jude's room as is and call it good enough. We did hang a few pictures, and it already has a great color on the walls. Jude's is the smallest room by far, but it's my favorite (even though it always smells like diapers) because it gets the most natural light.


So anyway, here's the biggest project that happened in Jude's room: I painted three lowly Ikea spice racks to match a baby gift from Nicole that I wanted to use as the basis for the room's color scheme.











Here they are before books...










And after!
They were really easy and quick to paint and put together. My only complaint is that they aren't very sturdily attached to the wall (I just used nails because I stink at hardware-type things) and if anybody hangs on them they're going to come a-tumblin' down. They've been up for a week, though, with no unfortunate incidents. So maybe it won't be a problem. (Knock on wood.)
Here are a few more views of the room:

I love love love those yellow walls! How do you like the smears of white and blue paint? They're left over from when we painted Isobel's furniture in this room. Maybe it's because I'm used to looking at them or because I know I'm too lazy to do anything about them, but I kind of like the way they look against the yellow.
The prints above Jude's bed are from this awesome etsy shop, Collage-O-Rama. And the cars lined up on his dresser are automoblox: toy cars that are aesthetically pleasing enough that they deserve to be displayed.

3 comments:

Christine Mains said...

Cute Room!
My house is so insane these days, and yours looks really tidy! What a gread idea for his books! You're so creative!

I love, love, love the idea of playing with glow sticks in the bathtub. I'm definitely going to try that one out soon with the boys! I'll never get them out, which they'll love!

Isa said...

I agree, you are so creative!

I love, love those prints and the paint smudges on the wall. And the book shelves, of course. And such pretty cars! What a great room.

the sleepy time gal said...

i LOVE it!!!! LOVE those book shelves for the growing boy. He must feel so big sitting, rocking, and reading.