Saturday, October 2, 2010

run, run, run, run, run

This morning I ran my very first 5K, the Women's Only Walk and Run here in Greensboro at Women's Hospital (where Jude was born just over 7 months ago! Ah, the memories). Isobel ran in the Girls' Only Mini Walk and Run, and she rocked it. She even ran an extra lap around the course, just for good measure.

Ha! That face just says "Yeah, that was fun... I guess... but what was the point?" I think the whole procedure was a little confusing to her, but she didn't mind getting a medal and a bandanna.
Jude was pretty sad for most of the morning. It was MUCH colder than I expected, for one thing, and I didn't dress him warmly enough. Plus he just didn't appreciate all the commotion and being separated from me. Poor little guy.

He perked up a bit as it got later (and hence warmer) and he took THREE naps today to recover from the ordeal.
Here I am, looking triumphant!

My primary goal was to RUN the whole time, and I did it! I ran harder than I do on my usual morning jogs, and I came in at 33 minutes 27 seconds- 384th place (out of 2,203 finishers). I had a really good time, and the best part was proud Brooke waiting for me at the end.

7 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Way to go! So proud of you!

littlemisspretty said...

Ah, how exciting!! The runners high is the best, yeah? Once day, you and I can run a half marathon together, sound good.
And congrats to Isobel for her first race as well.

Andrea Landaker said...

Awesome! Good for you!

the sleepy time gal said...

i love the victory look on the last photo! and great time!!!!

Christina said...

Thanks, guys! And Marinda: I'm am lightyears away from being able to run a half marathon. But maybe someday!

Claire Cramer said...

Congratulations!

the sleepy time gal said...

we missed calling isobel today!!! we'll try tomorrow...