Friday, March 19, 2010

Grandma


Grandma (Brooke's mom) came to visit us and help with the adjustment period after Jude was born. She planned and made our meals, entertained Isobel full-time, and generally kept everything from getting totally out of control. She made it so easy for us to get used to life with a newborn, and Isobel LOVED having Grandma all to herself for two and a half weeks.

I wish I would have gotten a photo and/or video of Grandma and Isobel playing. I loved hearing them make-believe together as I was nursing Jude for hours on end. And Grandma was endlessly patient with Isobel's demands and tantrums- far more patient than I am.
When we left Grandma at the airport, Isobel was totally heartbroken. She cried all the way home, and continued to cry, "I don't want Grandma to go!" as we walked through the door. The only distraction significant enough that I could come up with was the introduction of the idea that Nana (my mom) is coming to visit, too. So now she's excited about that, and also our trip to Pennsylvania for Easter! I'm not going to lie- I'm at least as excited as Isobel is about both of those things.

3 comments:

Missy said...

How sweet that she loves her grandma so much! And so nice for you to have so much help!

Isa said...

That sounds like a really nice grandma to have. Fe is absolutely crazy about her Oma, too. Grandmas are the best! Hope you have fun with "Nana."

the sleepy time gal said...

oh, i love those photos of mom shiff and isobel!