Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Fair Dickinson" or "I always knew you'd end up back here"

Greetings all. Isobel learned the Vulcan neck grip over the weekend and finally found a victim to try it out. You can see the cold mercilessness in her eyes.

Cow and baby with 'Moth' and fatty D (Dagny).

Hersheypark happy, Hersheypark glad. We found ourself in the land of chocolate. Literally. The house behind us was made entirely of fudge, marshmallow and nougat (what is that, exactly?).

Carousel with daddy.

This is my favorite onesie: The Poopsmith. Those who get it will laugh, and those who don't will kindly pass go and never return to this blog again!

Anna is a librarian and musician and said that she wanted to buy Isobel off us "for a gift for my friend". An uncomfortable silence followed and Christina cleared her her throat and began to discuss her appreciation for collective bargaining agreements.

Finally, the big news in the Shiffler family is that I was offered a position at Dickinson College at the Forum on Education Abroad. I start Monday and can't wait to show my skillz.

Peace,

B, C, & I

3 comments:

furrever said...

So be honest, was this blog title Coldplay-inspired (i.e. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends)? Great album that is btw.

I so miss Hershey Park. It's the REAL greatest place on earth, despite what Disney claims.

Congrats on the new job! That's excellent. And better yet, you get to stay in central PA. You're so lucky. I miss PA.

Missy said...

Love the poopsmith, and absolutely love Isobel's Babylegs!!

Congratulations on the new job!

Cagney and Laci said...

Congrats on the job my friend! We are so proud of you. Now, that you are a permanent east coaster--we should make a trip to the Keystone state! yay!!!! Isobel is growing up so fast as well. And, nougat is some weird stuff!