Wednesday, March 23, 2011

in time of daffodils








































in time of daffodils (who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why,remembering how
in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so (forgetting seem)
in time of roses (who amaze
our now and here with praise)
forgetting if, remember yes
in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek (forgetting find)
and in a mystery to be
(when time from time shall set us free)
forgetting me, remember me

- e.e.cummings




6 comments:

Isa said...

One of my favorite poems!

(And I want to cry because I see your kids out in T-shirts, and I'm so JEALOUS... but happy for you, naturally).

A technical questions: how did you get your pictures to post grid-like like that? Mine always go underneath one another.

Isa said...

AAAND I really like that picture of Isobel right on top of the poem. Pink lens flare FTW.

Christina said...

Thanks! I hope Spring comes to you soon. It is so refreshing.
So, to get the grid format goin' on... I upload the left-hand photos all at once using the "left" layout option in the photo upload page, space them out the way I want them, then upload the right ones using the "right" layout option. THEN I cut/paste the right column photos one at a time and put them where I want them, next to the left column. Does that make sense? I usually have to monkey around with it a bit to make it look right.
Sometimes they end up on top of one another if you've got something screwy going on with the text alignment (left, center, right) in the "Compose" box.
Hope that helps! Good luck!

Jennykinscatfood said...

I love this!
That is all.

the sleepy time gal said...

oh my goodness-- i love all of the artsy photos. love jude's long hair and isobel's all-of-a-sudden looking so grown up.

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com